Protecting you against the cost of your trip
Our trip interruption and trip cancellation insurance cover you against the financial risk of a cancellation or interruption of your trip.
Trip cancellation insurance
If an illness, injury or other unexpected event forces you to cancel your holiday before you leave, you could lose what you’ve prepaid for your trip. With our trip cancellation insurance, you are covered for the non-refundable portion of your prepaid travel arrangements, as well as any cancellation penalties.
Trip interruption insurance
If you are forced to cut your trip short or delay your return home because of illness, injury or another unforeseen event, there could be serious financial implications. With our trip interruption insurance, you are protected.
- Can be purchased up to 365 days before trip
- Maximum trip duration is 365 days
Benefits at a glance
- Single-Trip Stand-Alone Plan, up to the sum purchased (not to exceed $CA 20,000)
- Single-Trip All-Inclusive Plan, up to $CA 5,000 for eligible expenses
- Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plan, up to $CA 5,000 per trip and $CA 8,000 per policy for eligible expenses
For complete details, please read the Travelling Canadians Policy [PDF]